Monday, January 5, 2009

A New Year and A New Me!

Well I have decided what my New Years Resolutions will be. Yes I have more than one!

1. Be the best Mom I possible can.
2. Lose Weight and Get Healthy. (Isn't that every ones?)
3. Establish some sort of daily routine for my family.

1. The most important job I have is being a Mom. My boys are my world! We are not having anymore, so they are my only chance at success! They are great kids, I could not ask for anything better. It is my job to teach them how to be nice, respectful and obedient yet still be boys at the same time! I have my hands full, this I know! This is my first priority! I hope to make them as happy and proud as they make me!

2. I am on a mission to lose at least 30 pounds by 6/24! That will be Jake's fourth birthday. I have held onto the baby weight from when I was pregnant with him for long enough! i know I will never be as small as I was when i got pregnant with him, nor do I want to be that small but I do want to get in the healthy weight range for my height. I have been working in this since I started back to work from my Maternity Leave with Jack. I have been working out 5 days a week, drinking almost nothing but water and eating healthier and watching my calorie intake. So far, since December 2 I have lost 10 pounds! I actually like working out! It is my Me time and it makes me feel really good! I will keep y'all updated on this little journey!

3. I have heard a lot of people talk about the schedules they have their kids on and how well they work. I have tried this and failed multiple times! Mainly because my dear husband will not stick with me and help conquer the challenge! We have no set times for anything. At almost 4 years old, I still cuddle Jake to sleep and take him to his bed when he is out. Not only is he heavy as hell :) but should be going to sleep in his own bed at a designated bed time. It will be hard, there is not doubt but it has to be done for the boy's well-being and Mommy's sanity! Now lets see if I can get Jason to stick with the program and not give in when Jake crys! If this does not work, you may see us on your next episode of Super Nanny!

That brings me to something else. I need to get Jake under a little more control. He is acting up at school and throwing horrible fits at home. I feel like I have tried everything, but I am sure there is more that I can do. Maybe I should make that my 1/2 year resolution, because Lord knows I cannot take it for another year!

Until next time,

1 comment:

  1. Great resolutions! Good luck with them all!

    ReplyDelete